Twitter versus blog, round one

07 Apr

Since my discovery of automatic updates on twitter a couple of weeks ago, I find it more difficult than ever to find time for writing a genuine blog. Why spend 30 minutes typing a lengthy narrative if I can sum it up in 30 seconds at any time? It’s like writing a dozen mini-blogs a day. 🙂

My dad gave me some guff about it the other day (something like: “I love you honey, but why do I care if you got a stale brownie at the coffee shop or watched your favorite movie again?”)… but honestly, I love the fact that I can easily tell all my friends and family what I’m up to, even if I don’t have time to email or call anyone just then. Does this mean I’m lazy? Okay, maybe it does a little bit, but right now I’ve got so much on my plate that I need another plate. I can’t be the only person in the world who feels that way. It’s the same reason I’ve grown to appreciate texting – I don’t always have time to answer the phone when someone calls (or heaven forbid, pick up the phone myself to call), but if I get a text message, I can read it whenever I have time and respond to it whenever I have time. What’s better than that?

Yesterday I got to school at about 8:30 am, sat through two classes, worried about how much work I have to do before the end of the semester, did a complete CBC on a cat, set up four cages for new cats arriving from the pound, helped microchip a cat, went to work, made a bunch if diagrams in Visio, went home, played with the dogs, jump started the car, drove to school, cleaned the surgery rooms, went home, let the dogs out again, worried about how much work I have to do before the end of the semester, couldn’t sleep, played tetris (still haven’t finished the game – had to suspend it when my eyes got so dry I couldn’t focus anymore), finally fell asleep at about 2:00 am, had weird dreams.

This morning I woke up again at 7:00 am, let the dogs out again, got the kids up and ready for school, drove to the office to pick up Ian because the car wouldn’t start (again), worried about what could be wrong with the car, went to the bank, stopped to visit my dad at his office for a minute, ate breakfast at Burger King, read the comics, drove to school, regretted eating breakfast at Burger King, checked my email, talked to two of my teachers, worried about how much I have to do this week, checked my facebook, cuddled with the world’s whiniest cat, checked my calendar, wrote an email, checked my husband’s twitter page, and wrote this blog. In 30 minutes, my day will start to get really busy.

Probably the biggest thing that’s happened in the last week or so is that Brooklyn is almost ready to be adopted; she has an appointment next Tuesday to be spayed, and then she will be ready to go. I thought it was going to be really hard to foster her and then let her go, but I am kind of looking forward to only having two dogs again. 🙂 We gave the rescue some photos and a description, and they posted it on their website the next day. (If you’re interested, you can see her here: They’ve already gotten two applications for her, but I’m not sure if either of them will work out. It’s very encouraging though; even if those two families aren’t right, I bet she will find a new home before I leave for Indianapolis. She HAS to, or I think Ian will make me take her with me. 🙂

Leave a comment

Posted by on April 7, 2009 in Uncategorized


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: