This week I was tagged in a blog meme by one of my new favorite bloggers, Leanne Moffat. This is the first time that’s ever happened to me, so I’m obviously going to participate. The meme is called Eleven Things.
** We’ll start with 11 Random Things About Me:
1. I don’t like diamonds; I don’t own jewelry with diamonds in it. My engagement ring is just a gold band, which I now wear on my right hand. I rotate the ring I wear with my wedding band, but it always has a colored stone. The one I am wearing today has green amber in it.
2. As a vet tech I have successfully drawn blood from horses, cattle, sheep, a goat, dogs, cats, rabbits, rats, guinea pigs, ferrets, a parrot, a bearded dragon, an iguana, and a gerbil. Try as I might, I have not yet managed to squeeze blood from a turnip; we never learned the proper technique for that in school. Honestly I don’t know what my tuition paid for.
3. I don’t drink alcohol; no really, none. I don’t like the taste or the way it affects me, so I see no reason to ever drink it. I have only been drunk once in my life, on my 21st birthday. I have no intention of ever being drunk again; it was enough embarrassment for a lifetime.
4. My husband and I dated for exactly 20 days before we got engaged; this year will be our 14th anniversary. My parents weren’t angry with me, because they had only dated for 3 days before they got engaged, and they have been married for almost 40 years.
5. The shortest time I have ever held a job is three days. Once as a camera operator at a news station, because I decided to move to Minneapolis at the end of the month and they didn’t want to bother training me for such a short time period. The other was a waitress at my favorite sushi restaurant; I hated waitressing so much but I didn’t want to ruin my enjoyment of my favorite restaurant. The owner still remembers me and is always nice when I eat there.
6. I have seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show more than 75 times. The first time I saw the movie I thought it was the worst thing I had ever seen, but a year or two later I saw it with some friends who knew all the lines, and suddenly it was a different experience. I even had my own Magenta costume.
7. When I was in 6th grade my parents agreed to let me get a dog if I kept my room clean for a solid month. They admitted later that they never actually thought I could do it; they clearly underestimated the ferocity of my desire to have a dog. I named her Kiku, after a character in Shogun which my mom was watching on TV the week we brought her home.
8. I recorded the Wizards of Waverly Place series finale, because I simply HAD to know who would be the family wizard.
9. I hate suspense. I rarely read a book from start to finish without first peeking ahead to the ending, otherwise I feel constant anxiety over what will happen and can’t properly enjoy the book. I also have www.themoviespoiler.com on my favorites list. If I have any inkling of suspense in a film, I will read the spoiler before I see it.
10. We have more TVs than people in our house.
11. I type almost all my blogs on my phone (including this one). In fact, I do most of my facebooking, twittering & web browsing on my phone. I rarely talk on my phone though.
** Now I respond to 11 questions from the person who tagged me:
1. If you could turn water into wine, would you share with your friends? And what’s your address?
Of course! I wouldn’t drink it myself so if I didn’t share, what would be the point? My address is 15…oops! Almost got me there!
2. If you had to be on a deserted island for an extended period with just your spouse, would you consider eating him/her?
That is so impossible to answer in a yes or no format because it obviously requires additional clarification. Is there absolutely nothing else to eat – no plants of any kind, no wildlife, no fish in the surrounding water, no insects? Do I have to eat him raw or is there something I can use to cook him? Is he already dead or would I have to kill him? If I had to kill him, then there is no way. I would rather starve to death.
3. Do you own a cat? (If not, I’ve got one for you.)
Yes, I have two. Unless my landlord is reading this. Then I only have one.
4. Are you ready for the zombie apocalypse?
Not at all. But I just had a discussion about this with a friend the other day, and we decided that in North Dakota we are safer than people in the warmer climates. We would really only have to wait it out until winter. Once it gets cold enough we could just get the zombies wet, then they would freeze, thereby making it possible to remove their heads without any danger to ourselves. Plus when it gets colder the zombies would move much slower.
5. Can you explain why my neighbour’s horses and dogs end up finding my yard to crap in? I’d really like to know.
Because it annoys you. And if you don’t have any dogs or horses of your own, then they probably believe they are doing you a favor by replenishing the supply. Also, they told me to say “you’re welcome.”
6. Where were you on the 17th of November at 11: 32 p. m? (Your wife wanted me to ask you.)
I can’t say I recall specifically but since it was a Thursday there’s a 98% chance I was asleep in my own bed because I am THAT boring.
PS – I have a WIFE? My husband is going to be so mad when he finds out.
7. Why is my left foot so itchy?
Possibly some sort of external irritant which is invisible to the naked eye, or a release of histamines into the area, or possibl… wait, was that a rhetorical question?
8. Disco or Death Metal?
Disco, but only if I don’t have to wear bell bottoms. But really this is a lesser of two evils sort of question.
9. If Gretzky and Jesus were playing street hockey, who do you think would stop for a beer first?
Gretzky. Jesus would probably prefer wine.
10. What makes you snort laugh?
I can never predict it. Usually it would be something that I did not expect to be funny. I can’t actually think of what made me snort laugh the last time I did, but for some reason I am fairly certain I was in the kitchen when it happened.
11. If I invited you for drinks and target practice this weekend, would you come?
I don’t drink and I don’t shoot either so probably not. Also, I can’t really afford the drive to Alberta. If you lived in Fargo, I would consider dropping in for a visit as long as I didn’t have to be there when the guns went off.
** And now I am going to give 11 questions to the people I tagged. If you don’t answer I won’t be angry, but I will be very, very disappoint.
1. In retrospect, what hair and/or fashion trend do you most regret following? Was it caught on film?
2. What is the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten? Did you like it?
3. What would YOU do for a Klondike bar?
4. Whistling: awesome or annoying?
5. Rock climbing, deep-sea diving, or spelunking?
6. Blanket Forts or Snow Forts? Explain.
7. Who would play you in the Lifetime TV Movie of your life?
8. Would you rather have a TARDIS or a time machine made out of DeLorean? (If you had to click either of these links, go to the back of the class)
9. Can you drive a stick shift without dropping the transmission on the road en-route?
10. Which movie do you most wish you could un-see?
11. DisneyWorld/DisneyLand: Magic Kingdom or Overrated?
Tagging some of my favorite people. Here are the links to their blogs (even though SOME of you really need to post more often). Now you’re it (no fair tagging back!):
Nichole, Cherish, Michelle, Fargo Jones, Erica, Paul, Abby, Court,
And just for fun – My Pets