Recently I seem to have lots going on, but little to no motivation to write about. Sorry about that. Here are some things I should probably be doing:
- Work with my fitness coach to get rid of my flabby grandma wings and prep for the 10K in the Fargo Marathon in May
- Try to hold onto my creativity by writing funny critter stories and drawing cartoons on my other blog
- Wash, sort, and put away the laundry
- Make sure my kids are getting their chores done
- Clean my house
- Write on this blog more often
Here are the things I HAVE been doing instead:
- Come up with excuses why I should not go work with my fitness coach
- Look at my computer on the other side of the room and decide not to go get it. Play Draw Something instead.
- Wash the laundry. Bring hampers of clean clothes to the living room and leave them there because someone just texted me. Ooo… I wonder if it’s my turn in Draw Something yet?
- Forget my kids exist because I am busy playing Draw Something.
- Instead of cleaning my house, draw a picture of a messy house in Draw Something. Realize I am probably addicted to Draw Something.*
I think you can probably see the pattern emerging here. Truth be told, playing Draw Something is not the ONLY thing I have been doing recently. Here are some things I accomplished recently:
- Last Friday I did a 5K practice “run” with Ian around South Fargo. He mapped out the route and came along to keep me motivated. I am still working on my endurance intervals so I didn’t run the whole time, but tried to stick to a pattern of run a block, walk a block. It wasn’t too terrible actually. I suggested maybe next time we should do 6K; Ian said next time maybe I should run more and walk less.
- Saturday I worked at the groomer. I brought both the dogs with me hoping to give them both baths, but only had time to finish Selby. She got a lovely spring haircut and a bandana with cute little bunnies and easter eggs on it. I had an extra strip of fabric after cutting Selby’s bandana so I made Emerson a little bowtie. Because bowties are cool.
- Sunday I went to a Body Pump class with my Aunt Peggy. It was kind of confusing and really really hard, but actually pretty awesome. Mostly because Peggy was there too so when I felt like a complete moron because I didn’t know what I was supposed to be doing and everyone else clearly did, I could look over at Peggy and see that she too was standing there in a daze wondering what the heck we were supposed to be doing. I have since resolved to take my Aunt Peggy to all of my group fitness classes in the future. I should probably discuss that with her first, but there’s no rush because who knows when I will be going to another group fitness class.
- I cooked an excellent dinner almost every night for the last week, with little to no significant disasters for me to blog about. I KNOW, RIGHT? Outrageous. I still hate cooking, but at least I get to console myself after doing it by eating good food. Speaking of which, I am off to make some tandoori chicken for dinner tonight.
*If you want to play Draw Something with me, my username is karifur. It’s really hard to draw quality pictures with your fingertip on a 3-inch touchscreen phone, but I do what I can. And not to be too braggy-braggy, but I am exceptionally good at guessing. I have only passed once in all the games I have played since I downloaded this app on Sunday, and that was the first one I had ever played.