We were flipping channels and saw a show on the History Channel called “Ancient Aliens: Doomsday Prophecies”. We laughed so hard, we had to watch it. Thoughts:
First of all, when did the History Channel become the Documentaries About Conspiracies and/or Alien Hunters with Crazy Hair Channel? Secondly, I am so glad we watched it because now there is proof that The Doctor is REAL! Wait, hear me out. The documentary talked about the Mayan God “Bolon Yokte”. At least one of the experts theorized that Bolon Yokte is an alien. This “god” is clearly The Doctor. PROOF:
- Bolon Yokte is pronounced “Boe-lun Yahk-Tah”. Yahk-Tah > Dahk-Tah > DOCTOR.
- Bolon Yokte appears at various points in Mayan history. Some might point at this as an inconsistency but that is obviously because those people don’t know about the TARDIS.
- Bolon Yokte is described as tall, thin, and glowing. You know, like The Doctor, post-regeneration.
- Bolon Yokte often appears in times of war. Well, OBVIOUSLY. Where there’s war, there’s aliens trying to destroy the Earth. Where there’s aliens trying to destroy the Earth, there is The Doctor saving our butts.
- Bolon Yokte has the power of flight. The show did not specify a blue box, but obviously he had to get this flight power from somewhere.
There was no mention of a Sonic Screwdriver but I’m sure if we examined the carvings and glyphs described in the program we would see Bolon Yokte holding a small staff in his hand. Apparently prophecies state that Bolon Yokte will return at the end of the Mayan calendar. Who’s up for a road-trip in December?